Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Los Libros


Book signing, Astorga, 2011
A los ignorantes los aventajan los que leen libros.
A estos, los que retienen lo leído.
A estos, los que comprenden lo leído.
A estos, los que ponen manos a la obra.
(Proverbio Hindú)
I think I'm going to love this!  Astorga, September 2011
Readers of books have an advantage over the ignorant.
Over those are the ones who remember what they've read.
Over those, are the ones who understand what they've read.
Over those, are the ones who put it to practice.
Is it really true about your book and your wife?  Astorga, September 2011
 OK, so this is a total plug for my husband who is an excellent writer. He has written editorials, book reviews and presentations, city plans as the vice-mayor, and published his own works. He is most know for his book Pasión Leonesa, a book that details the life and often forgotten past of the Leonés people, those from one of the oldest kingdoms in Europe. 

OK, este es una publicidad total para mi esposo que es un escritor excelente. Ha escrito editoriales, prólogos y presentaciones de libros, planes para la ciudad durante su etapa de teniente alcalde y ha publicado sus propias obras. Se ha destacado principalmente por su libro Pasión Leonesa, un libro que detalla la vida y frecuentemente olvidado pasado del pueblo leonés, cuyo reino es uno de los más viejos de Europa. 
Another box of books to sell, September, 2011
This year he sold more books than ever at the Festival of the Banners. It couldn't have had anything to do with the fact that I mentioned to those who browsed the stand that it was first because of that book that I fell in love with him. I was enchanted with his writing, with his descriptions, anecdotes and love for the people with a tone intelligent and humble at the same time. I told them that it was because of this book that I was standing there as his wife. So, like hotcakes they sold and we had to go back into town to get more. That was fun, and more so because it was all true. 
Crowd at the stand, Astorga,  September 2011
Este año vendió más libros que nunca en el Festival de los Pendones. Seguro que no tenía nada que ver con el hecho de que les mencioné a los que echaban una ojeada los libros en el puesto que fue primero a causa de ese libro que me enamoré de él. Me cautivó su manera de escribir, con sus descripciones, anécdotas y amor hacia su gente con un tono inteligente y humilde al mismo tiempo.  Les dije que fue a causa de ese libro que estaba yo delante de ellos como su esposa.  Así, se vendieron como rosquillas y tuvimos que regresar al centro para reponer más ejemplares. Eso fue divertido y aún más porque fue la verdad.
Budding author, age 6

2 comments:

  1. Hi Mary, I write in English, I'm glad to read that one book has had such success Henry you mentioned, it is good that books are going to good hands and that they enjoy it. I soak with me he gave me, I your gifts very excited, but not enough to have known. It was a beautiful day. I send a big greeting for both.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Carlos! It's nice to read your comment in English!
    You actually read my post before I edited it, hahaha
    Now there are pictures and translations :-)

    I'm so glad you are enjoying your book. We'll have to get this one to you as well, maybe with your visit to Astorga. We loved our time with you as well!
    Kisses.

    ReplyDelete