Saturday, March 31, 2012

Muxía

Muxía, Galician Coast, Spain,   March 2012
Like ocean treasures we saw along the Galician sea-coast, this daughter is finally laying down her thoughts and capturing my heart with her forthrightness and tenderness.
Como tesoros del oceano que vimos en las playas de Galicia, esta hija por fin posa sus pensamientos y cautiva mi corazón con su franqueza y ternura.


She writes of a long love lost:
I will not forget or erase the 27th's of my past. They are not stains to be removed, but rather are like shells on the beach of my life. They are to be collected and cherished. As the small animal within each shell has been washed away, so too has our relationship. But, I will not throw away the shell. It is beautiful. And it is mine to hold in my heart forever. Slowly I heal, I grow and mature.

Ella escribe de un largo amor perdido:
No olvidaré ni borraré los 27 de mi pasado. No son manchas que se tiene que limpiar, sino son como las conchas de la playa de mi vida. Son para coleccionar y atesorar. Igual que cuando el bichito dentro cada una ha sido arrastrado fuera, así también nuestra relación. Pero, no tiraré la concha. Es hermosa. Y es mía para mantener siempre en mi corazón. Lentamente sano, crezco y maduro.


4 comments:

  1. I sifted through the blogs that you said were your favorites and had no idea she was your daughter when I began following her's. Such poetic and sincere thoughts--I've been quite mesmerized. Like mother, like daughter....

    ReplyDelete
  2. He estado en Muxia, es un pueblo precioso. Tuve la suerte de poder ver un atardecer desde allí y fue espectacular. Un saludo Mary.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love your words and pictures and special epiphanies with daughters.

    ReplyDelete