Thursday, April 24, 2014

Melon Marmalade Man


“I have a history of making decisions very quickly about men. I have always fallen in love fast and without measuring risks. I have a tendency not only to see the best in everyone, but to assume that everyone is emotionally capable of reaching his highest potential. I have fallen in love more times than I care to count with the highest potential of a man, rather than with the man himself, and I have hung on to the relationship for a long time (sometimes far too long) waiting for the man to ascend to his own greatness. Many times in romance I have been a victim of my own optimism.”
Elizabeth Gilbert, Eat, Pray, Love


Oh, Elizabeth, this statement is so true of me and how I've entered into my own relationships. If you are someone who relates, at least make sure that your man is a jelly maker. Taking all else into consideration, life suddenly becomes sweeter, measurably more. Here are Chef Enrique's jars of "Dulce de Membrillo," a melon-like jam that has been my favorite since I was nineteen and living in Gran Canaria (the Canary Islands.)  Enrique, I'm so glad you're a melon marmalade making man. 

No comments:

Post a Comment