Wednesday, January 21, 2009

In With a New Speech Reminiscent of Old


1-19-09 Matin Luther King Jr:
" I've seen the promise land. I may not get there with you. But, I want you to know tonight that we, as a people will get to the promised land. I'm not worried about anything. I'm not fearing any man. Mine eyes have seen the glory of the Coming of the Lord."
1-20-09 Barack Obama:
"The road ahead will be long. Our climb will be steep. We may not get there in one year or even one term, but America, I have never been more hopeful than I am tonight that we will get there. I promise you - we as a people will get there."

In honor of this new presidency and to mark the day as significant I prepared an Inauguration Meal - It was Black-Eyed Peas with Garlic and Greens and my delicious Cornbread (did I ever say that my Great-Grandma Mary was from Texas? Cornbread truly runs in the family!)
*2 lds kale or chard
*2 tbsps. olive oil
*3 cloves garlic
**2 cans/cooked black-eyed peas
*1 pinch red chili pepper flakes
*2 tbsps. cider vinegar
*zest from one lemon
Wash and chop greens into one-inch pieces. In large pot, boil greens until tender @ 10 min. In large skillet saute garlic in oil 'til golden. Add peas, pepper flakes and kale and cook briefly over low heat. Add cider viengar and lemon and serve! Mmm. I liked this vegetarian dish A LOT, but my family DID NOT.

No comments:

Post a Comment