Friday, December 8, 2017

La Virgen de la Esperanza


She's my favourite image of the Virgin, Mary, dear mother of Jesus. I love God very much, but don't consider myself very religious, which is humorously ironic since it's tradition for my very Catholic man to visit every church and cathedral of every city and town we come across. That means we've taken in centuries of Virgin Mary renditions. This Virgen, however, makes me stop and gaze a little longer. I asked Enrique her name and he said she's the Virgin of Sweet Expectation. She's just resting her hand on her unborn son, feeling him move and loving him as mothers do. She's so serene and calm at an event that will change the world. It's all about love. What a beautiful thing.
"The angel went to her and said, "Greetings, you who are highly favored! The Lord is with you." Luke 1:28 Just a simple maiden with her hands stretched out to God saying, "Lord, thy will be done. I will abide."
#lavirgen #virgendeladulceespera #lavirgindelaesperanza #marydidyouknow
in the  Catedral de León.

I've never seen these; they are lovely, too.



No comments:

Post a Comment