Sunday, June 19, 2016

Mom's Bran Muffins and Our Lady of Carmen

Up until now every kids' suitcase to Spain has had certain things packed that I haven't found in my new home: split peas, real maple syrup, pure vanilla and molasses. Traveling to Sevilla, however, I discovered that "Miel de Cana", sugar cane juice, is the very same delicious! thing as molasses. So, I bought up, right then and there, two large jars of "Ingenio Nuestra Señora del Carmen's" (all good Spanish things have the Virgin's name) molasses, manufactured in Málaga. What a find!

‪#‎molassesbranmuffins‬‪#‎mieldecaña‬ ‪#‎nuestraseñoradelcarmen‬ ‪#‎momsbakingagain‬


Mom's Bran Muffins

2 cups flour
11/2 cups natural bran (I used oat)
11/2 teaspoons baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 cups plain (or Greek) yogurt
1/2-3/4 cup raisins
1/2 cup oil
1/2 cup dark molasses or! Our Lady of Carmen "Sugar Cane Honey" (that makes me smile).

Preheat oven to 425º F (170º C)
Generously grease muffin tins or use baking cups.
Thoroughly combine all ingredients in large mixing bowl.
Bake until muffins test done - toothpick comes out clean - about 20-25min. 

No comments:

Post a Comment